Take a virtual tour of our Windsor showroom! View Larger Map In Fano, Italy, a small seaside town on the Adriatic, two young men had large aspirations. Sometime in the middle of the last century, brothers Paul and Marco Palazzi, two industrious locals with a shared entrepreneurial spirit, heard the call of the New World. The pair’s dreams carried them across the Atlantic as they immigrated to Canada in 1954. By 1959, fueled only by hard work and boundless ambition, the two had founded their company, Palazzi Bros. Ltd., out of Paul’s home on Giles Blvd. in Windsor, Ontario. The years since have been good to the Palazzi family, as Paul and Marco’s two-man operation has evolved into a household name in the southwestern Ontario tiling business. In the early years, Paul and Marco relied only on their wives, Betty and Elena, for support as they personally handled all aspects of their flooring operation, from ordering and designing to installation. For years, the four Palazzis worked tirelessly for long hours as they juggled the demands of their fledgling business while raising young families. Thankfully, living and working in a community as close-knit as Windsor-Essex, it didn’t take long for the Palazzi’s friends and neighbours to hear about the wonderful work the brothers were doing. In 1963, Paul and Marco’s younger brother Max came aboard, and the company, by then christened Palazzi Bros. Carpet and Tile Ltd., continued to grow. Shortly thereafter, it erected its first permanent home, at 3449 Walker Road in Windsor. At this point, the company predominantly focused on ceramic tile and resilient flooring. While this business was good, the Palazzi brothers’ ambition continued to grow apace. In 1965, Palazzi Bros. introduced Palazzi Bros. Carpet, of which Max was appointed President. By the mid-1960s, Palazzi Bros. Carpet and Tile Ltd. was involved in several major construction projects across Windsor and Southwestern Ontario. As business continued to grow, the company was forced to evolve to meet the needs of an increasingly demanding market. The Palazzi brothers undertook a major construction project of their own when, in 1976, they relocated their operations to 3636 Walker Road, a location they still occupy. From this impressive new facility, the company was able to exclusively import and showcase exotic, high-quality tiling from around the world. The next major phase of the Palazzis’ always-dynamic business was to establish an importing network to bring world-class ceramic tile and natural stones – like marble and granite – to their home in Windsor. Although Windsor and Essex County has changed significantly over the decades, and the Palazzi Bros. business with it, Marco, Paul, and Max have never forgotten their origins. Consider Palazzi Bros. for your next flooring project. The Palazzi family personally promises to invest the same hard work and attention to detail in your home as they did over 50 years ago.